New York Times Cooking just published its Editor’s Collection of Summer Tomato Recipes 46 Ways to Do Justice to Summer Tomatoes
If you can’t find a recipe among the 46 provided in the New York Times Cooking article that suits you, check out this Chunky Gazpacho recipe I adapted from the Food Network courtesy of Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger:
- 3 cups of low-sodium V8 Juice, plus more if needed
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup of peeled and diced jicama
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 slice bread, crusts removed, soaked and squeezed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash of Tabasco or other hot sauce of your choosing
Combine the V8 Juice, Roma tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, red bell pepper, jicama, and tomatillos in a large bowl. Remove about 1/4 of the vegetables and place in a blender along with the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeños, and bread. Blend until smooth. Return the puree to the bowl. Add more V8 Juice to thin, if needed. Add the sea salt, pepper, and a dash of hot sauce. Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve the gazpacho in chilled soup bowls.
Whatever you decide, enjoy!
And, remember Feed Your Good Dog so your good dog always wins!