WAYS TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD THIS WEEKEND (continued from TGIFYGDF dated November 6 )
These good deed ideas (11 through 20) make “feeding your good dog” as easy as taking a walk in the park. Source: 50 good deeds for 50 days, By Daniela Payne
11. Put together a basket of treats for a friend who had a death in the family. Deliver it after the funeral has taken place, when most friends have gone back to their day-to-day lives.
12. Drive your grandparents, elderly parents and their friends to church, doctor’s appointments or the movies. They (and their aging bodies) will value the gesture.
13. Volunteer for a charity. Pick a cause that’s near and dear to your heart and donate your time to them.
14. Sit down with your family and estimate what you’d spend on each other for gifts. Instead of buying each other gifts for birthdays or holidays, donate the estimated amount to a charity.
15. If you head out of town, drop off your monthly public transit pass at a youth or job centre. They’ll pass on the pass to someone who is in need of it to job hunt or attend school.
16. Take your neighbors trash to the curb while you’re taking yours. Imagine their surprise when they see that the chore is already done.
17. If you’re in line at the grocery store with a full cart, let the person behind you who only has 5-10 items go in front of you.
18. Offer to take care of a neighbour’s pet when they go away on a small vacation. They’ll be comfortable knowing their pet is in good hands.
19. Make dinner for friends with a newborn baby (or, if they’re far away, send a gift card for the grocery store or a favourite restaurant so they can pick something up).
20. Pay for the person behind you at the drive thru. It will make someone’s day!
And, remember…Feed Your Good Dog, so your good dog always wins!
visit with us on follow us on